Adult Programming and Outreach Librarian
The Delafield Library is seeking an individual for the position of Adult Programming and Outreach Librarian. This part-time position (between 25-30 hours/week) will work closely with the Adult Programming and Outreach Coordinator as well as the Circulation Supervisor, and will report directly to the Library Director.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performs circulation desk procedures; checking in and checking out materials, registering patrons, preparing Library cards, maintaining patron records, collecting fines, registering patrons for programs using online software and reserving study rooms using online calendar
- Assists patrons with holds, renewals, account questions, locating materials, basic computer assistance and reference questions.
- Provides in-depth, one-on-one computer instruction for patrons with various technological abilities
- Provides reader’s advisory services to patrons
- Adheres to and communicates Library policies and procedures
- Have good working knowledge of OverDrive/Libby and similar services to assist patrons with digital content on a variety of computers and mobile devices.
Outreach and Programming Duties:
- Serves as secondary adult services outreach coordinator by participating in community events, speaking at community/chamber meetings and other opportunities that occur
- Establishes relationships with community entities to further goodwill toward the Library in the Delafield community and surrounding areas
- Is proactive in generating ideas and making new contacts to further promote the Library and its services
- Presents a positive Library image to the community
- Attends meetings and classes to enhance knowledge of Library services as needed
- Performs other work as assigned by the Library Director
- Selects material for and leads monthly adult book club
Knowledge and Abilities:
Display excellent customer service skills both with patrons in house and in community forums
- Ability to patiently teach one-on-one to patrons of all technological skills and backgrounds
- Ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships with the public, peers and supervisors
- Highly motivated and has the ability to be a self-starter
- Considerable knowledge of modern Library science theory and practices
- Ability to perform reference work using both print and digital resources
- Demonstrates flexibility and teamwork
- Willingness to continually learn and use new technology
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize tasks, respond to varied/changing work demands and make decisions as required
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out a program of Library service and/or outreach independently and in conjunction with outreach coordinator
- Ability to interact pleasantly, constructively and cooperatively with Library patrons and staff
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and personal computers and devices
Physical Demands of the Position:
Employee must be able to:
- Sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, bend, twist and reach
- Have far vision at 20 feet or further; have near vision at 20 inches or less
- Lift and carry 50 pounds or less
- Handle processing, picking up and shelving books
- Push and pull objects weighing 60 to 80 pounds on wheels
- Travel to meetings outside of the Library; provide own transportation to said events
Environment and Working Conditions:
- Evening and weekend hours required
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited college or university OR currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited MLIS program.
- 2 years+ of customer service experience required
- Experience in Library Programming, particularly for Adults, is a plus!
If interested, please send resume and list of three professional references to Library Director Stephanie Ramirez, email@example.com. Starting pay rate of $19.00/hour with excellent benefits as well as 9 paid holidays. First review of applications will begin on January 31, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact the Delafield Library at (262) 646-6230.