“The Christmas cookie club is always on the first Monday of December. Mark it on your calendar. Twelve of us gather with thirteen dozen cookies wrapped in packages. Homemade, of course.” ~The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman
Buttery Pecan Rounds
Pecan halves for top (untoasted)
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg yolk
2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- Toast pecan halves at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, rotating every 3 minutes. Cool, then break or chop into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Sift the flour and salt. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Mix in the yolk.
- On low, mix in the flour until combined. Mix in the chopped pecans with an electric mixer. Chill for 1 hour.
- Using a 1-inch ice cream scoop, drop the batter onto parchment paper lined sheets, spacing 3 inches apart. Press a pecan half on top.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through. Cool completely. Makes 3 dozen.