“And they left him behind in a wind that very faintly smelled of licorice and cotton candy.” ~Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
Cotton Candy Puppy Chow
4 cups vanilla chex cereal
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup Betty Crocker cotton candy cookie mix
3/4 cup pink candy melts
3/4 cup blue candy melts
- Measure out the chex cereal placing half in a mixing bowl. Measure out half of the cookie mix and half the powdered sugar and place into a resealable container or a resealable large plastic bag.
- Measure out the candy melts (one color) and melt in the microwave. Set the microwave to 50% and microwave 30 second increments stopping to stir every 30 seconds. Continue until completely melted. Pour melted candy melts over the cereal and stir until the cereal is completely covered.
- Scoop the cereal into the container with the powdered sugar and cookie mix. Make sure it’s closed tightly and give a few good shakes to coat the cereal fully.
- Pour out onto a sheet of wax paper to allow to cool and dry.
- Repeat these steps with the other color of candy melts.
- Store in an air tight container.