You may now participate in contactless curbside pickup of library materials by following these 3 steps:
Step one: Place your items on hold
- Use our online catalog to search for items currently available at Delafield Public Library and use your library card to place a hold on the items you want
- Items will not be transferred from other libraries
- Check your account to see when your items are ready
- They will have a status of “Held”
- You may also receive an email, phone call, or text when holds are ready
Step two: Sign up for a pickup slot
- When your items are ready for pickup, sign up for a time slot here
- If possible, please wait to sign up for a slot until you have multiple items ready. That will limit contact and make more slots available for our community.
- Do not sign up for a time slot until your item is listed as “Held” in your account
- You will receive a confirmation email verifying your time slot
- Hours for curbside pickup are
- Monday through Friday between 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM
- Saturday between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM
Step three: Pick up your items
- During your 15-minute slot, your items will be in a labelled plastic bag on a cart or bin outside the east doors near the parking lot and book drop
- If you notice other patrons or staff at the pickup area when you arrive, remain in your vehicle until they have walked away
- If you do not pick up your items during this window, you will need to start over at step two (sign up for a pickup slot)
How long will it take for my hold to be ready?
- To support social distancing efforts, we are operating with very limited staff. We will fill your holds as quickly as possible but wait times may be longer than usual. Thanks for your patience.
How will I know when my hold is ready?
- Check the holds tab in your library account. Any items ready for pickup will have a status of “Held”. You may also receive an email, phone call, or text when holds are ready.
Can I pick up items at Delafield Library that are available at other libraries?
- Yes. Our delivery service will be transferring items from other libraries.
Can I place a hold over the phone?
- Yes. You may call the library to place a hold during curbside pickup hours when the phone is staffed (2:00 PM – 6:00 PM on weekdays and 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM on Saturdays). We are not able to answer the phone outside of those hours. You will not be able to pick up any phone holds until 24 hours after you call, and you may only place 5 items on hold over the phone each day.
How long will my items remain on the hold shelf?
- Holds will not be expiring at this time so your items will remain on the hold shelf until you pick them up.
When will my items be due?
- Please check your due dates in your account. Any materials checked out at other libraries may be past due.
- All items checked out at Delafield Public Library have been extended to July 1, 2020.
- We do not know when the building will reopen, but we will continue to extend due dates so that no items checked out from our library are due until after the library building reopens.
A browsing book or rental movie says it’s in. Can I place a hold on that?
- Not at this time.
How do I return materials?
- The outdoor book drop is open for returns (but not donations) between Monday at 2:00 PM through Friday at 6:00 PM. Staff will not accept in-person returns.
- Please note: to limit contamination, returned items will be checked in 72 hours after we receive them. Don’t be alarmed if you see items on your account that you had returned within the past 3 days.
Do I need a library card?
- Yes. You will need a library card to place your hold through our online catalog. You will not need to show us your library card when you pick up your items. You can sign up for a library card here.
- Please note: if you sign up for a library card online, you may only place 2 items on hold at a time.
What if I have mobility issues and cannot leave my vehicle?
- Call the library when you arrive for your pickup slot and we will place your bag within reach.
- We are committed to ensuring that our programs and services are accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding accessibility please call or email us so we may work to accommodate you.
What if I have fines or I’m over the checkout limit?
- Library staff can override checkout limits during the pandemic response. If you would like to pay your fines, our online payment system is still available.
What if I miss my pickup time slot?
- Your items will be removed from the cart and you will need to sign up for a new time slot.
Will the library building be open?
- No. The library building remains closed to the public. The lobby, restrooms, computers, and all other spaces will not be accessible.
What are you doing to protect the safety of patrons and library staff?
- The contactless curbside pickup provides maximum social distancing for the safety of both patrons and staff. Staff will wear gloves and masks when handling all library materials.
How long will this service be available?
- The curbside pickup service is contingent upon access to materials that keep our staff safe. We hope to offer this service until the library building reopens but cannot make guarantees.
Who is eligible for this service?
- This privilege is reserved for patrons who comply with our safety guidelines. We reserve the right to remove access to this service from anyone who does not respect those.