Sunday, March 15
Due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19, the Delafield Public Library’s facility is closing effective Monday, March 16th at 6:00 PM. We encourage everyone to visit the library on Monday to take care of any outstanding items and/or stock up on entertainment.
- Do not return items to the library during this time
- Items checked out will not incur late fees while the facility is closed
- Your holds will not arrive until after reopening
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook message: https://www.facebook.com/delafieldlib/
We do not have a reopening date at this time. Thank you for your patience during this evolving situation.
Statement from the Library Director
Friday, March 13
Due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19, the Delafield Public Library has canceled all Library programs and events through Friday, April 3. The Centers for Disease Control has recommended social distancing as an effective way to “flatten the curve,” or slow the speed at which the coronavirus spreads.
At this time, the Library plans to remain open for regular business hours. This may change at a moment’s notice and we will do our utmost to keep you updated. We are currently working on virtual ways to continue our programming as much as we can to better serve you.
What can you do?
- As the State of Wisconsin says: Wash your hands. Cough into your elbow. Stay home if sick.
- We encourage any concerned patrons, especially those in high-risk populations, to stay home if they are feeling ill or are simply concerned about potential exposure.
- Please keep in mind that the Library cannot guarantee a germ-free environment or germ-free physical materials. As a reminder, the Library has many digital services available to you for free through our website.
What steps has the Delafield Library already taken?
- Library Cleaning
- We contract with a company that cleans the library each weeknight. The cleaning company is using additional disinfectant measures. In addition, Library staff are taking steps to clean high-touch surfaces often (doorknobs, computer mice, tabletops).
- Library Computers
- We will be removing some public use computers to better align with social distancing recommendations.
- Staff and Patron Hygiene
- We are making hand sanitizer and wipes available to staff and patrons as supply allows. We also encourage staff and patrons to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Library Services
- We are developing staffing and service models should circumstances change.
We are monitoring this developing situation closely and are taking all measures on a day-by-day basis. We are staying up-to-date on information from government agencies, health organizations, and other experts, and following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, and the Waukesha County Health Department.
The health and safety of patrons and staff is our number one priority. We will do all we can to maintain our world-class level of service to you during these uncertain times.
Thank you for your help, support, and dedication to the Delafield Public Library.