Library Re-opening on July 6
Friday, June 26
On Monday, July 6th the Library will re-open in an extremely limited fashion.
The building will be open Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM for brief, purposeful visits. You are not required to wear a mask while visiting, but it is highly encouraged.
Our curbside pickup hours will remain the same (Monday through Friday 2:00 – 6:00 PM and Saturday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM) and any returned items will still be quarantined for 72 hours.
Available Services in this Phase of Re-opening:
What you CAN do in this phase:
- Access your holds in person, rather than using curbside
- Browse some collections
- Limited areas of the library will be available for browsing, including DVDs and increased displays in the lobby
- Ask our staff questions about your account, technology, placing a hold, retrieving a book from one of our collections, etc.
What you CANNOT do in this phase:
- Access computers or printers, including catalog search computers
- Unfortunately, there is no way to properly use our computers in compliance with the guidelines for social distancing
- Browse most collections
- The following collection areas will be blocked from access:
- Children’s Library
- Adult Fiction
- Adult Non-Fiction
- The following collection areas will be blocked from access:
- Use study rooms or meeting room
Curbside Hours Extended
Monday, June 8
Our weekly curbside hours have been updated to include Saturdays beginning on June 13th. Curbside pickup is now available:
- Monday through Friday / 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday / 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Please see our instructions page for more information.
Due Date Update
Wednesday, May 27
All materials that you have checked out at Delafield Library are now due on July 1, 2020.
Due to some libraries re-opening and others remaining closed, materials that you have checked out at other libraries may still be due on June 1, 2020.
We recommend checking your account to find out when your items are due.
A Note on Re-opening from the Library Director
Tuesday, May 26
You may be seeing some of our neighbor Libraries beginning to slowly re-open in some fashion in the coming days/weeks. I wanted to let everyone know where the Delafield Library stands on the re-opening process.
We are working on a plan with help and advice from state and local leaders, our Bridges Library System, and our Library Board that prioritizes your safety, with special emphasis on our patrons in the vulnerable or high-risk category. Each Library has a special set of circumstances to consider during this time and we are no different. Libraries and Librarians are a particularly resilient bunch. We will stop at nothing to both keep you safe and try to meet your needs. Although we have no solid opening date as of yet, rest assured we are taking the utmost care to serve all our patrons as best we can right now with our curbside service and online presence.
We know you are excited to return to the Library when our doors reopen. We are excited too. Don’t forget about us. We will never forget about you and the support we always feel from the greater Delafield community. We look forward to continuing to bring you world-class customer service and innovative programs as well as access to our wonderful collection of both physical and digital offerings.
We will be back. And we will be stronger than ever.
Delafield Public Library Director
Curbside Pickup Begins on Monday
Friday, April 24
Beginning April 27th, you will be able to participate in contactless curbside pickup of library materials.
Visit our instructions page to find out how and get your questions answered.
“Safer at Home” Extension
Saturday, April 18
Due dates extended
With the “Safer at Home” order extended through May 26, all items that you have checked out are now due on June 1, 2020.
Public libraries have been authorized for curbside pickup. We are working to determine what services we can now make available while maintaining your safety and that of our staff. More updates on this coming soon!
Sunday, March 15
Due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19, the Delafield Public Library’s facility is closing effective Monday, March 16th at 6:00 PM. We encourage everyone to visit the library on Monday to take care of any outstanding items and/or stock up on entertainment.
- Do not return items to the library during this time
- Items checked out will not incur late fees while the facility is closed
- Your holds will not arrive until after reopening
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook message: https://www.facebook.com/delafieldlib/
We do not have a reopening date at this time. Thank you for your patience during this evolving situation.
Statement from the Library Director
Friday, March 13
Due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19, the Delafield Public Library has canceled all Library programs and events through Friday, April 3. The Centers for Disease Control has recommended social distancing as an effective way to “flatten the curve,” or slow the speed at which the coronavirus spreads.
At this time, the Library plans to remain open for regular business hours. This may change at a moment’s notice and we will do our utmost to keep you updated. We are currently working on virtual ways to continue our programming as much as we can to better serve you.
What can you do?
- As the State of Wisconsin says: Wash your hands. Cough into your elbow. Stay home if sick.
- We encourage any concerned patrons, especially those in high-risk populations, to stay home if they are feeling ill or are simply concerned about potential exposure.
- Please keep in mind that the Library cannot guarantee a germ-free environment or germ-free physical materials. As a reminder, the Library has many digital services available to you for free through our website.
What steps has the Delafield Library already taken?
- Library Cleaning
- We contract with a company that cleans the library each weeknight. The cleaning company is using additional disinfectant measures. In addition, Library staff are taking steps to clean high-touch surfaces often (doorknobs, computer mice, tabletops).
- Library Computers
- We will be removing some public use computers to better align with social distancing recommendations.
- Staff and Patron Hygiene
- We are making hand sanitizer and wipes available to staff and patrons as supply allows. We also encourage staff and patrons to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Library Services
- We are developing staffing and service models should circumstances change.
We are monitoring this developing situation closely and are taking all measures on a day-by-day basis. We are staying up-to-date on information from government agencies, health organizations, and other experts, and following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, and the Waukesha County Health Department.
The health and safety of patrons and staff is our number one priority. We will do all we can to maintain our world-class level of service to you during these uncertain times.
Thank you for your help, support, and dedication to the Delafield Public Library.