“The air is hot and rich with the scent of chocolate. Quite unlike the light powdery chocolate I knew as a boy, this has a throaty richness like the perfumed beans from the coffee stall on the market, a redolence of amaretto and tiramisu, a smoky, burned flavor that enters my mouth somehow and makes it water.” ~Chocolat by Joanne Harris
Death by Chocolate
1 package brownie mix
2 packages instant chocolate pudding mix
1 package frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 bars chocolate covered English toffee
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Let cool.
- Mix pudding according to package directions.
- In a glass punch bowl, layer in the following order: 1/2 of the brownie, crumbled; 1/2 of the pudding; 1 toffee bar crushed; 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Repeat the layers in the same order. Save the last toffee bar to crumble and sprinkle on top before serving.
- Refrigerate. Best if made the day before you serve it.