Hi Everyone! My name is Emily, and I’m the librarian who has been writing these different blogs letting you know about books, movies, and more. In these anxiety-inducing times, I’ve been turning to some of my favorite things to lift my spirits and I figured I would share them with you to either inspire you or to help you think of some of your favorite things. So without further ado, here are a few of my favorite things (aka guilty pleasures!)
- The Great British Baking Show: I have always loved this show, and I have watched every season, but I decided to start rewatching the seasons, because you can never have enough lovely British baking! This is the most calm show that I know, so watch it to calm anxieties! You can find it on Netflix.
- High School Musical: Yes, I am admitting to the fact that I love High School Musical! I grew up watching the movies, and I know all the songs by heart! Remember, we’re all in this together! You can watch all three movies on Disney+.
- Backstreet Boys: I love the Backstreet Boys so much! I went to their concert last year, and it was amazing! There music just puts me in a good mood. Some of my favorite songs are “Incomplete”, “Drowning”, and “Shape of My Heart.” Pull up their music on YouTube, Amazon Music, or Spotify.
- Pride and Prejudice (2005 Movie): This is my favorite adaptation of one of my favorite books. Keira Knightley is a wonderful Elizabeth Bennet and Matthew MacFadyen is the perfect Darcy (the scene with his hand is perfection!) This is the one movie that I have to stop and watch if I find it on TV. Every time I watch this movie, I swoon!
- Harry Potter: Harry Potter is absolutely my favorite book series of all time. I grew up with them and they bring me so much joy. Currently, I’m listening to the audiobook version of the last book, and it makes me so happy to be returning to Hogwarts another time!
- 90 Day Fiance: Anyone who knows me knows that I love my trashy reality TV, and 90 Day Fiance is one of my favorite shows! The show, on TLC, follows couples, one American and one from another country as they have to decide if they will get married in the 90 days allowed on a K-1 visa. There are many spinoffs to this show, and I watch every last one!